Frontier Airlines Baggage Policy - Have you made a reservation for a seat on Frontier Airlines? Do you wish to manage your belongings on the flight by learning more about the Frontier Airlines baggage policy? Here is a comprehensive resource to help you with all of your flight-related problems. You may Call Toll-Free at +1877-563-0127 to learn more about the baggage policies for Frontier Airlines flights.
About Airlines Baggage Policy
In terms of baggage, Frontier Airlines is well known for being expensive and finicky. It is one of the few airlines that now charges for both checked luggage and typical carry-on bags.
However, because of its reasonable pricing for tickets and other services, customers adore using Frontier Airlines' services. The Frontier luggage policy tends to get stricter over time. There are particular procedures and techniques you may use to manage your luggage while saving money. You will learn about the many fees and regulations that Frontier imposes to handle its customers' luggage in this article.
Frontier Airlines Baggage Policy
You should pay for your carry-on and checked baggage allowances well in advance, passengers are urged. When customers pay their luggage cost at the time of booking, the company offers different discounts to customers.
Customers will also be required to pay for each bag they are carrying. The problem is that paying at the airport as opposed to when you make your reservation will result in significantly higher luggage fees. Similar to United Airlines, Frontier Airlines has strict size limitations for checked bags. You are not permitted to transport bags that exceed its size restrictions.
To prevent unauthorized charges, visitors must be familiar with the Frontier's whole cost structure. You can search the internet because many websites offer users the most recent details about the aviation sector.
Sizes And Weight Limits For Baggage
Frontier has fairly severe bag regulations, which is no secret. The size of the checked bag shouldn't go against airline regulations.
- Personal Things: Personal items must not exceed 14 inches in height, 18 inches in width, and 8 inches in length. All personal things must fit entirely inside the bag's item allowance. Consider totes, backpacks for kids, computer bags, briefcases, diaper bags, and purses.
- Carry-On Baggage: The maximum dimensions and weight for carry-on luggage are 24" in height, 10" broad, and 16" in length (including handles, wheels, and straps). Carry-on luggage can be stowed under the seat or in the overhead bin. Consider carrying large backpacks, compact duffel bags, and compact wheeled luggage.
- Checked Baggage: Bags that are checked must not be more than 62 linear inches in length, breadth, and in depth. Their weigh should not exceed more than 40 pounds. Baggage that weighs 41 to 50 pounds after March 1 will incur an additional fee. Bags that weigh more than these restrictions will be subject to additional fees for each overweight bag and a separate fee for each oversized bag. Bags weighing 100 pounds or more will not be accepted. Furthermore, bags larger than 110 linear inches won't be allowed.
Frontier Checked Bag Allowance & Fee
- Carry-On Baggage Fees: While one free personal item per passenger is permitted, all carry-on luggage is subject to a cost while travelling with Frontier. Carry-on luggage must be larger than 10" x 16" x 24" or heavier than 35lbs. Bags larger than this size must be examined for $60 at the gate.
- Checked Baggage Fees: Your fare does not include this fee. Your allowed number of checked bags can be paid for at the time of booking. The first and second checked bags on Frontier incur a surcharge if they are 62′′ (L+W+H) or less in length, width, and height. Depending on whether the fee is pre-paid or paid at the airport, checked luggage costs can range from $30 to $55.
- Excess baggage fees: On Frontier Airlines flights, excess baggage (defined as three or more bags per person) will cost between $85 and $95 per bag.
- Overweight baggage fees: A bag is deemed overweight if it weighs more than 50lbs. In addition to any regular, extra, or excessive baggage costs, Frontier now charges fees for overweight baggage. Frontier Airlines does not accept checked luggage that weighs more than 99 lbs.
- Frontier Airlines oversized baggage fees: Most bags that total more than 62 inches in length, breadth, and height are deemed enormous. In addition to any excess or overweight fees, Frontier also charges for large luggage. Bags with total dimensions bigger than 109" cannot be checked as luggage.
- Luggage shipping alternative: You may ship your bags ahead with LugLess and skip Frontier's checked baggage fees. You can create a FedEx or UPS mailing label with LugLess for as little as $15, which you can use to attach to your luggage and send it directly to your destination anywhere in the US.
- Frontier Airlines Baggage Policy for Military: Armed forces personnel are welcome to fly on Frontier Airlines for free with one personal item, one carry-on bag, and two pieces of checked luggage. However, family members or travelling companions are unable to cultivate this amenity. Additionally, military baggage must follow the size restrictions. The first two checked bags were exempt from the oversize cost by the company.
Why Choose Air Ticket Policy?
Air Ticket Policy provides up-to-date details on several US-based carriers. People contact us at +1877-563-0127 to inquire about their airline bookings, including those with Volaris, Frontier, JetBlue, and other carriers. Here are some helpful resources for you if you have questions about the baggage policy of Frontier Airlines. As you've seen above, we thoroughly analyzed the Frontier luggage rules to make sure your trip is a pleasant experience.
People Also Ask:
Q1: What are the Items That Are Restricted or Banned?
The airline has banned shotguns, handguns, paintball guns, compressed air guns, BB guns, loaded magazines, and other types of firearms and ammunition due to safety concerns. However, there are always some exceptions, so contact the airline to learn more or just go to Frontier Airlines official website to read more.
Q2: On Frontier Airlines, are liquids permitted?
Shampoos, toothpaste, mouthwashes, conditioners, and other liquids, gels, and aerosols are permitted, however, they must adhere to the 3-1-1 guideline of the airline. It denotes that a traveller is only permitted to carry 3.4 oz. or 100 ml. in transparent, airtight bags. You should pack and keep these things in your checked luggage.