Vietnam Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy - Cancelling a flight booking is not an uncommon affair. More often observed within the aviation industry because of the unpredictable nature of life, the presumption of comfort and adaptability in managing flight reservations is steady for air travelers. Vietnam Airlines is among the flight organizations that give utmost priority to customer satisfaction. They aim to manage situations by presenting a customer-centric flight cancellation policy that helps esteemed travelers.
Based in Vietnam, Vietnam Airlines is a leading air carrier in Vietnam. It flies to 64 destinations in 17 countries and is regarded as the largest air carrier in the country. The airline holds an important position in the economy of Vietnam. Earlier, Vietnam Airlines was hampered during the Vietnam War but with the support of the government, Vietnam Airlines was able to expand and hold its ground.
Vietnam Airlines incorporates a comfortable mechanism for passengers to assist them in dealing with unpredictable scenarios. The airlines' flight cancellation policy offers travelers clear and dependable notes and regulations, keeping in mind travelers' convenience. This blog provides a complete outline of the distinct rules and guidelines incorporated in this policy. Additionally, passengers flying with Vietnam Airlines can get further details by contacting +1-877-563-0127, a toll-free number.
Guidelines of Vietnam Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
- A confirmed booking with Vietnam Airlines is a necessity, and the flight itself must be carried out by the airline.
- The last date for requesting refunds on domestic flights correlates with the expiration date of the flight ticket.
- For international flights, travelers can request refunds until 30 days after the intended departure.
- Vietnam Airlines' cancellation fee would not be relevant in case of any justifiable circumstances such as the death of a traveler, co-traveler, or a family member.
- The Airlines’ cancellation policy would be relevant on all flight tickets reserved via the online reservation portal (official), the airline's customer support number as well as at the airline’s booking counter at the airport.
- The airline provides the choice to secure a booking at the stated fare without payment when reserved through the Vietnam Reservation Customer Centre, the https://www.vietnamairlines.com/nz/en/ official website, or at an airport ticket counter. Such bookings can be canceled without getting charged a fee if done one week or more prior to the intended flight.
- Non-refundable flight reservations cannot be canceled by travelers under any situation.
- Travelers can cancel unlimited or refundable fares up to 3 hours before the scheduled departure time.
- Individual guidelines are relevant to bonus bookings, reward fares, and group bookings.
- As per Vietnam Airlines' flight cancellation policy, travelers who miss their flight without canceling beforehand will be regarded as No-Shows and will be relevant to a penalty charge.
Vietnam Airlines’ Hour Cancellation Policy
- Here is a complete overview of the Vietnam Airlines flight cancellation policy within a time period of 24 hours.
- Vietnam Airlines’ 24-hour cancellation policy ranges for all flights to and from the USA.
- You are eligible to cancel your booking and get a full refund for your Vietnam Airlines flight reservation within 24 hours of buying, as long as the reservation was completed at least one week before the departure.
- The choice of free cancellation within 24 hours, offered by Vietnam Airlines, is not applicable to group fares and reward bookings.
- The 24-hour cancellation would be relevant on refundable as well as non-refundable ticket prices, all Vietnam Airlines fare rules, no matter the type of the class of service chosen.
Vietnam Airlines Flight Cancellation Process
There are three ways through which you can cancel your flight booking – Online, Offline, and at the Airport Ticket Counter.
- Go to Vietnam Airlines' official website and log into it. You will see the “Manage My Booking” section. Click on it to get your reservation details.
- Choose the flight you wish to call off and select the 'Cancel Flight' option.
- Vietnam Airlines only accepts the cancellation of unused flight bookings per their policy.
- If entitled to a refund, the amount will be presented on screen. Verify cancellation to proceed further.
- Refunds are transferred to the original payment method within 7-10 working days.
- A cancellation verification email will be sent from Vietnam Airlines.
- Contact customer support at +1-877-563-0127 to have a word with an agent.
- Share your booking information and ask for a cancellation.
- The agent will have a look at the fare rules to calculate if you are eligible for a refund.
- If entitled to a refund, the agent will compute the refund amount after subtracting fees.
- Authenticate cancellation once you accept the refund amount.
- Refunds are generated within 7-10 working days after request.
Cancellation At The Airport
- Go to the Vietnam Airlines airport counter and share with them your booking details.
- Ask for cancellation and the representative will check the fare rules.
- If entitled to a refund, the representative will compute the refund amount after charging the fees.
- Authenticate cancellation once you accept the refund amount.
- A verification email will be sent by the airlines.
Vietnam Airlines has cancellation charges that are applicable when you need to cancel your flight booking. The particular cancellation charge relies on various factors:
- Ticket type - Economy, Business, First Class, or Special Fare
- Whether it is a domestic or international flight.
- How far in advance do you call off
- Cancellation reason
Keep in mind that airlines lay aside the right to independently change their cancellation process and fees at any moment. You might need to pay the price difference between the original ticket and the new one if you call off and book again with a different airline.
Vietnam Airlines Refund Policy
Here are the specifications under the airline refund policy:
- Refunds for bookings that are bought in cash, will be processed to the ticket holder only.
- For flight bookings paid with debit/credit cards, cash refunds are not applicable. The entitled refund amount will be processed back to the original method of payment.
- The time period of the refund on the credit card relies on the processing cycle of the organization.
- The airline agrees to the refund only for the unused segment of the ticket.
Travelers with queries about Vietnam Airlines' flight cancellation policy can get in touch with the Air Ticket Policy Customer Support for guidance by calling the toll-free number, +1-877-563-0127 or email at email@example.com. The team consists of aviation industry professionals and is happy to assist travelers through every step of their flight reservation.
FAQs on Vietnam Airlines Flight Cancellation Policy
Question1. How can we cancel our reservation through the online mode?
Answer. It is very easy and convenient to cancel your reservation through the online mode. You just need to reach out to the Vietnam Airlines official website and log into your account. Then choose the ‘Manage my Bookings’ section and fill in the details of your flight. Choose the flight you want to cancel and also request a refund after confirming the cancellation. If you are eligible for a refund, you will be able to see the refund amount after deduction on your screen. This refund will be transferred within 7-10 business days. Once you cancel your reservation, you will get a confirmation email related to your refund on your email.