WestJet Check In Policy – The WestJet check-in procedure is recognized as the most convenient since it saves travellers from having to wait in long queues at the airport and lets them catch their scheduled flight without delay. It also allows customers to secure their chosen seats and purchase critical travel extras such as meals and extra-long chairs. You may also learn more about WestJet Check-in Policy by visiting our website at https://www.airticketpolicy.com or calling us at +1-877-563-0127 (Toll-Free).
How To Check-In Through Westjet
The flight check-in procedure might be intimidating if it's your first time. Thankfully, the aircraft carrier provides several alternatives and simplifies the process as much as possible. We clearly explain the check-in processes so that you understand them and can perform them without trouble.
Westjet Web Check-In
WestJet offers an easy web check-in alternative. Simply sign in and fill out the form on their website. To complete the web check-in, enter the following travel and personal information:
You may use the airport kiosk, print your boarding card at home, or have a digital copy on your phone once you've checked in. WestJet flights must be checked in online at least 24 hours before departure. It is critical to clarify the deadline before beginning the procedure because it will differ based on your itinerary and flight time.
WestJet Mobile Check-In
If you often fly with WestJet, downloading their app to facilitate mobile check-in is a wise decision. The program is easy to use and can be found in both the iPhone and Android app stores. The following is an outline of how to utilize the mobile check-in service:
- To utilise the WestJet app or mobile web app, go to www.westjet.com/en-ca.
- Choose "check-in" and have the essential information ready to fill out the form.
- Please include your first and last name, as well as your identification number. You can use either the reservation reference number or the Aero plan ID for this. Now, enter your departing city.
- You should choose the passengers who will check-in for the flight.
- You will be given a list of instructions on how to select a regular or preferred seat, submit luggage information, and complete your check-in.
- After submitting information about your luggage, you may immediately pay the baggage costs via the app.
- If your trip qualifies, you can acquire an electronic boarding pass by giving your email address or cell phone number. You will get an e-boarding pass.
- If the airport does not accept digital boarding passes for your flight, which is possible, you can print a paper copy at the airport kiosk or request one from a WestJet representative if your trip is not eligible.
- You can also cancel your check-in as long as the luggage tags haven't been printed.
- You cannot utilize WestJet mobile check-in if your flight departs from an airport that does not provide such a service. If your group is greater than nine persons, it is also advised that you use direct check-in.
Airport Self-Serve Kiosk
If you have additional time and want to arrive early, check-in at the airport's self-service kiosk for your WestJet flight. It is valid whether your ticket was purchased directly from WestJet reservations, online, or through a travel agency. Below are some of the services provided by the kiosk.
- Check in with WestJet
- Picking or changing your aircraft seat
- Mentioning the number of bags you have and paying the baggage fees
- Making baggage tags out of paper
- Creating a paper boarding pass
- Insert passport information as needed
- You can use the kiosk to add or remove luggage if you have already checked in.
- Choose an electronic boarding pass if one is available
- If a last-minute upgrade is available, purchase it.
WestJet self-service kiosks are located in the majority of major airports around Canada and the world. Check the link at the bottom of this page to discover if a kiosk is accessible at the airport from which you are departing.
WestJet Check-In Times
It's critical to keep track of check-in times when traveling. Last-minute check-in may be stressful and may result in missed flights. Being somewhat early is better than being significantly late.
1. WestJet Check-In Time For Domestic
If you are traveling within Canada, it is best to arrive 90 minutes before the scheduled departure time. The check-in and baggage drop deadline is 45 minutes before boarding. You should arrive at the boarding gate at least 30 minutes before the flight. The gate will close 15 minutes before the aircraft is scheduled to depart.
2. WestJet Check-In Times For Overseas Flights
The check-in times are affected by your destination, airport of origin, and aircraft itinerary. If your flight from Toronto Pearson departs before nine a.m., you should arrive at least three hours early. Check out the following times:
For flights to and from the United States, you must arrive at the airport at least 120 minutes before takeoff. For international flights to other destinations, you must arrive at the airport 180 to 240 minutes before the planned departure time. Check-in and luggage drop at Toronto Pearson YYZ should be done 90 minutes before departure.
Passengers should come at least 45 minutes early because the gate will close 30 minutes before takeoff. Arrive early enough to complete the check-in, luggage drop, and security check processes without hurrying when visiting a foreign nation.
3. WestJet Check-In Time Early Flight
- You may finish the check-in procedure 24 hours before departure if you use your mobile app or check-in online.
- It is possible to check in at the airport utilizing self-service kiosks at least 12 hours before departure.
- But, keep in mind that you may only drop off your baggage four hours before departure (3 hours for destinations outside Canada and US). It is best to use the self-service kiosk after you have checked your luggage.
Get Your WestJet Boarding Pass
- You may get your boarding card in a variety of ways at check-in, utilizing a variety of platforms. Here are a few examples:
- You may print a WestJet boarding card at the airport where you are departing by using the self-service kiosk.
- You may print your boarding pass at home after checking in.
- You simply need to obtain an electronic boarding permit and submit your email address and mobile phone number when you check-in. The pass will be delivered to your device. Make sure your airport accepts electronic boarding cards before selecting this option.
- Finally, at manual check-in, you can acquire the pass directly from a WestJet staff.
Major Highlights Of WestJet Check-In Policy
Here are the main highlights of WestJet that you need to focus on while checking- in.
- Check-in deadlines: WestJet has stringent check-in timelines for all flights, and travellers are suggested to check in as quickly as possible to avoid any delays or complexities. The check-in timelines differ based on the airport and destination, so travellers should go through the airline's website or get in touch with their customer service for particular details.
- Identification requirements: Travelers must show a potential government-issued photo identification, for example, a passport or driver's license, during the time of check-in. Not being able to show the related identification may lead to rejected boarding or delay.
- Baggage check-in: Travelers need to check in their luggage at the specified check-in counter or kiosk prior to the check-in timeline. Luggage charges may apply, and travellers should go through the airline's website for the particular luggage allowances and charges for their itinerary.
- Boarding pass: Travelers must show their boarding pass at the gate prior to getting on the flight. Travelers can achieve their boarding pass via various options such as online check-in, mobile check-in, kiosk, or counter-check-in provided by WestJet.
- Late check-in or no-show: Travelers who do not check in prior to the check-in timeline or are not present to board their flight may lose their booking and are not eligible for a refund or reschedule.
FAQs on WestJet Check-In Policy
Question1. What is the time to check in for my WestJet flight?
Answer. For domestic flights, the airline’s check-in procedure can be completed between a time range of 72 hours to 60 minutes before the planned departure. For international flights, passengers can check in within a time limit of 2 hours before the planned departure.
Question2. Is there an option to add baggage after I check in on my WestJet booking?
Answer. Yes, there is an option for you to add the baggage after you complete the check-in at the airport counter. You will receive the luggage tag at the airport counter.
Question3. Who is allowed to check in for the Online check-in policy?
Answer. Passengers are allowed to the online check-in policy when their first flight is reserved through the official website of WestJet.
Question4. Why is it essential to go through the key points and guidelines provided by the WestJet check-in policy?
Answer. For an effortless and hassle-free experience at the airport when you have already booked a ticket online, it is essential to follow the key points and guidelines provided by the WestJet check-in policy.
You now have all of the necessary information for your WestJet check-in. Air Ticket Policy works hard to provide you with the most up-to-date and relevant information about air careers from around the world. To learn more, call us at +1-877-563-0127 (Toll-Free) or visit our website at airticketpolicy.com.