Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Policy – What parents care about the most is their kids reaching out safely when it comes to going to places by air. Security is of supreme importance when these minor kids travel unaccompanied. Frontier, an airline, has the solution to all your problems and stress. Frontier has put forward a complete Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Policy to ensure safety, comfort, and an enjoyable tour experience.
In this guide, we will go through the major factors included in the Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Policy. Moreover, we will be explaining in detail all the steps needed to be taken to guarantee peace of mind for parents and guardians.
Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Frontier unaccompanied minor policy is supremely involved as a mode of security and protection for young children traveling alone. Let’s take a stance on the guidelines of Frontier's unaccompanied minor policy.
- This policy is eligible for those minor youngsters who are free to travel alone without their parents, guardian, or any adult.
- This policy is important for these kids flying alone with Frontier. Frontier unaccompanied minor policy is age-centric and has distinct factors for ages ranging from 8 to 17 years.
- In this policy, the child traveling alone will be cared for until the flight reaches the landing place airport and the child reunites with his guardian.
- Frontier customer service representative will look after all the needs of the kid all along the flight journey.
- The most essential factor of Frontier is to deliver an effortless and convenient travel experience, particularly to unaccompanied minors.
Age Criteria for Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Frontier Airways has a limitation to a specific age group. It does not let children below the age of 15 travel alone. Let’s have a look at the age bar criteria presented by Frontier Airways.
- Minors below the age of 8 must be traveling with an adult age 16 or older when flying.
- Children who are between the ages of 8 to 14 are also required to fly with an accompanying adult using Frontier Airlines.
- Kids who are between the ages of 15 to 17 are youth travelers and can travel alone using Frontier Airlines.
- Parents are needed to give a consent form prior to handing over the child to the Frontier customer service representative.
- Unaccompanied minors flying with an individual of at least 16 years on the same flight will not be regarded as unaccompanied minors.
How to Book a Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Ticket?
Frontier Airlines unaccompanied minor booking can be completed either through the official website or by contacting Frontier's customer service number. Let’s have a look at the booking procedure.
- Like other airways, Frontier Airlines lets you make bookings for unaccompanied minors through its official website https://www.flyfrontier.com/.
- For making bookings of unaccompanied minors with Frontier Airlines, contact the airline by making a call at its number.
- Bookings at Frontier for unaccompanied minors can be reserved through Frontier Customer Service at +1-877-563-0127.
- There is a fixed method that has to be taken into consideration while reserving a flight for an unaccompanied minor.
- Frontier Airlines helps and guides parents to e-book the flight for their kids through the contact centre.
- You can book tickets for a non-stop flight for your child if it is operated by Frontier.
- Frontier does not give permission for the reservation of connecting flights for unaccompanied minors.
Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Fee
Frontier unaccompanied minor fee is supremely based on the flight direction you are choosing to travel. Let’s go through the fee structure.
- The facilitation fee for Frontier unaccompanied minors is $100 USD for a particular way per child, no matter what fare you select. This fee involves all taxes, depending on your itinerary.
- This facilitation fee needs to be completed while you are making bookings for your unaccompanied minor.
- The cost of the meal is involved in the facilitation charge if your kid of age 8-14 is traveling unaccompanied on a flight providing only Frontier Bistro service.
Guidelines for Frontier Airlines Lap Infants/Minors
When flying with minor’s/lap infants on Frontier Airlines, the below rules apply:
- Flights can be reserved in two ways- online or by contacting the customer support.
- An adult traveller can hold only 1 lap infant.
- An adult traveller flying with 2 lap infants can hold 1 lap infant on their lap and must buy a seat for the second lap infant, who must make use of an FAA-approved child restraint gadget.
- Always keep a birth certificate for age confirmation, as it may be asked if your child’s age appears doubtful.
- The number of infants allowed on a flight will be based on the aircraft because of equipment restrictions.
- 2 adults with 2 lap infants cannot have a seat on the same side of a row.
- An individual traveling with a lap infant will not be given a seat on the first row if the seat consists of an airbag seatbelt installed.
Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Check-In
Frontier does not permit online check-in services for unaccompanied minors. Let’s have a look at the steps to check in.
- The unaccompanied minor flying is required to visit the check-in counter at the airport with his parent or guardian.
- Parents need to fill in a consent form in accordance with the unaccompanied minor traveling.
- The parent leaving the minor at the airport is required to upgrade the information of the individual picking up the child.
- The parent is required to hand over all the documents such as the child’s passport, tickets, other documents, and so on. to the Frontier representative.
- The Frontier representative will tag the kid with an unaccompanied minor tag for easy verification by the airport executive.
- The Frontier representative will take your kid through the security check and head toward the boarding gate.
- After the boarding has started, the representative will give your child to the In-Flight Service Director who will cater to the needs of your child throughout the flight journey.
Frontier Unaccompanied Minor Policy comes with all the security of your child’s safety, protection, and convenience. Are you unsure about your child’s safety while he is flying? Be assured Frontier’s Unaccompanied Minor Policy is here to cater to your child’s needs. Frontier takes full charge from the time you hand over your kid to the representative until he is safely handed over to the guardian picking him up.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question1. What is the ideal time to leave the airport?
Answer. The parent is asked to stay at the airport till the time the flight has not departed.
Question2. Which seat will be given to my child?
Answer. It is for sure that your child will not be given the seat in the first row. Your child will be given a seat in the last three rows of the flight, adjacent to the cabin crew. In this way, your child will be under the direct supervision of the cabin crew.